Jump to navigation




We're committed to providing you with an efficient and courteous service, but it's inevitable that things go wrong occasionally.

Let us know when this happens so that we can put matters right as soon as possible. Equally, if you have any suggestions about how we might improve our service generally, we will be happy to listen.

Find details of how to complain below:

General complaints

Write to:

Home Office
Direct Communications Unit (CCS)
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF

Tel: 020 7035 4848
Minicom: 020 7035 4742

Immigration and Nationality

Write to:

Immigration and Nationality Directorate Complaints
PO Box 1384
Surrey, CR9 3YJ

Tel: 0870 241 6523
Fax: 020 8760 4310

Police complaints

  1. You can go to a police station and ask to see a senior police officer. He/she will advise you on how to register a complaint.
  2. You can contact the IPCC who will contact the police force on your behalf:  

    Write to:

    Independent Police Complaints Commission
    90 High Holborn
    London WC1V 6BH

    Tel:      08453 002 002
    Visit:    www.ipcc.gov.uk
  3. You can also visit your local: