The Commission for Health Improvement
103-105 Bunhill Row
London, EC1Y 8TG
Tel: 020 7448 9200
Other ways to contact CHI
Subscribe to CHI's free electronic bulletin
CHI is the independent, inspection body for the NHS.
CHI publishes reports on NHS organisations in England and Wales. We highlight where the NHS is working well and the areas that need improvement.
Our work includes:
- routine inspections (clinical governance reviews)
- investigating serious service failures
- reporting on key issues, such as coronary heart disease
- publishing performance ratings
- publishing data on staff and patient surveys
- joint inspections with other bodies
- managing the clinical audit programme
By publicly identifying where improvement is required and sharing good practice within the service, we help the NHS to raise standards of patient care.
Please note - because of the increased amount of information provided by this web site, we are making some changes to the structure of the site. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.