← Return to partner profile
H4. Healthier Staff Restaurants
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 21 April, 2013
Please decribe how you and your caterers have encouraged healthier restaurants/vending outlet/buffets (as applicable) for your staff over the last year. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Across our 6 staff Heinz staff restaurants serving around 2,000 people and in partnership with our catering facilities provider we have introduced Zest for Life. Throughout 2013 this promotes 10 agreed promises to offer healthier food choices. We have modified and created new recipes with lower levels of salt and fat, and with increased vegetable and fruit content as well as Calorie labelling. Zest for Life promises:
1. To increase the healthy options available to the customer.
2. To provide reasonably sized portions on request.
3. To provide and promote the consumption of fruit and vegetables.
4. Vegetables will be steamed or stir fried and served without butter, any roasted vegetables will be done so in the smallest quantity of olive and rapeseed oil.
5. All recipes containing milk will be produced using only semi-skimmed milk.
6. All breakfast meats will be grilled or baked.
7. All our food will be produced with a minimum amount of salt.
8. We will provide wholegrain and multi-seed breads alongside the usual white.
9. We will offer a healthier range of snacking foods.
10. Our salads will be dressed in lower fat mayonnaise, olive and rapeseed oils, and seasoned with herbs and spices.
To ensure we meet the ambitions of this pledge, we have updates recorded on the monthly meeting with customer feedback and with an on-going training plan
In March 2012 we initiated a trial to introduce Fruity Tuesdays at our head office site. As part of our Full of Beans agenda. Fruity Tuesdays offered free fruit on Tuesday afternoon . Baskets of fruit are available on each floor on some of the counters near the printers or vending machines. This programme has continued over the last 12 months and continues to prove very popular.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand