Lucozade Ribena Suntory
F4. Calorie Reduction
26 March, 2015
Submitted: 27 March, 2015
To help consumers manage their calorie intake, LRS will introduce a broad package of innovations including:
- Extending the LRS drinks portfolio to include a wider range of choices for consumers’ every need and occasion including increasing the choice of reduced sugar, lower calorie and no added sugar drinks.
- Investing in technical innovations to reduce the amount of sugar and calories in some of the UK’s favourite brands, while maintaining the current great taste.
- Broadening the range of packaging sizes and formats to ensure that consumers can choose the right size drink for the right occasion including reducing some of our most popular bottle sizes.
- By 2018 we aim to reduce calories per 100ml by 10%, with an ambition to reach 20% by 2025.
These innovations will be supported by LRS’s existing commitments to help consumers make healthy choices:
- Promoting no added sugar and lower calorie LRS drinks and highlighting the importance of portion control.
- Never marketing to children under the age of 12 and never marketing to under-16s those products which are classified as high in sugar or caffeine.
- Inspiring consumers to do more physical exercise through the Lucozade Sport brand. In 2014 alone LRS contributed £6million to UK sport at all levels