H10. Construction and Civil Engineering Industries
10 October, 2013
Submitted: 29 November, 2013
SEGRO plc seeks to provide all employees with access to Occupational Health Services with the aim of preventing the occurrence of work related ill-health and ensuring that those with health problems do not place themselves or others at risk.
Reporting of health and well-being will occur as part of our annual health and safety Board Report, which will now have an additional focus on health to align with this pledge. Going forward from 2014 and beyond, this will also be included in SEGRO’s published Annual Sustainability Report.
To deliver the aims of this pledge, we will be working with our elected SEQOHS provider to develop a programme that incorporates:
• Health & Well-being events
• Continued monitoring of sickness levels and identify any contributory OH factors
• Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs)
- Workstation assessments and training
- Ergonomic driver assessments
• Promotion of healthier eating and subsidised healthy eating options
We will also actively engage with our supply chain and review our current Procurement Process to include an additional emphasis on Occupational Health – particularly those involved in construction activities.