← Return to partner profile
H4. Healthier Staff Restaurants
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 30 April, 2015
Please decribe how you and your caterers have encouraged healthier restaurants/vending outlet/buffets (as applicable) for your staff over the last year. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Sodexo is a founding signatory of the UK Department of Health’s Public Health Responsibility Deal, which aims to tackle public health concerns by working in partnership with businesses and charities. Sodexo have also signed up to further pledges on health and wellbeing and continue to work towards Sodexo’s nutrition pledges by:
- eliminating artificial trans fats from all our products (in line with their target for 2015)
- ensuring that 1% fat milk is available and that, where possible, it is the default milk used in hot drinks
- offering low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, low-fat mayonnaise and low-fat omega spreads
- removing cream from some of the soups in our employee restaurants
- reducing salt in our recipes and sourcing products with reduced levels of salt
- reducing our Fairtrade sugar sachets from 3g to 2.5g
Sodexo also work with chefs at our employee restaurants to reduce levels of sugar, salt and fat in their recipes. We have updated 13 nutrition fact sheets to help site managers and chefs cater for those with special dietary requirements.
The catering facilities at Heineken Broadway Park and Livingston continue to be committed to the healthy living award, managed and delivered by Consumer Focus Scotland and funded by the Scottish Government. Heineken Livingston has now gained the health living award plus award, the highest accolade for healthy eating award programme and Heineken Broadway Park (Edinburgh) are currently working towards this award in 2015.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand