← Return to partner profile
P2. Physical Activity Guidelines
5 August, 2013
Submitted: 28 April, 2015
Through your physical activity pledges you will be working with employees, customers/consumers and/or local communities. For each group (as applicable) please describe the specific activities or projects you have undertaken over the past year.
For example, employee incentive schemes to promote physical activity, awareness raising activities or improvements to facilites to promote active travel.
1. Workplace Challenge Lancashire launched, including personal monitoring of individuals current activity levels compared to the guidelines, and targeted promotion of the guidance to these users.
2. General promotion on our website and social media campaigns on a regular basis to all of our followers which include workplaces.
For example, supporting/sponsoring local physical activity programmes, promoting physical activity to customers through website campaigns or in-store materials.
1. Organisation of a regional Moving More Living More conference in Lancashire to promote physical activity guidance, strategy, best practice and the development of a local physical activity network to drive development in this area.
2. General promotion on our website and social media campaigns on a regular basis to all of our followers which includes our customers.
For example, support for community-based physical activity programmes (such as funding, sponsorship or other promotion activity), working with local partners to engage communities is physical activity opportunities.
1. Assessment of current physical activity levels, and then promotion of local initiatives to help engaged individuals to increase their physical activity levels.
2. Involvement in our local sport and physical activity projects that increase participation in a variety of activities.
The revised Chief Medicial Officers (CMO) guidelines provide physical activity recommendations for four distinct age groups. From the following list, please indicate the age groups you have focused on in disseminating the guidelines (if unknown, please explain why):
Early years (under 5s), Children & young people (5-18), Adults (19-64), Older adults (65+)
Children and young people
Please estimate the number of people reached through your activities on this pledge and explain how you arrived at this estimate:
14557 individuals that have engaged in our internally delivered projects. We are unable to put a figure on others who we may have reached through our website and social media promotion.
We would be interested to know if your pledge activity over the last year has delivered a measurable increase in participation in physical activity. If so, please describe and provide an estimate of the level of increase and how you measured this. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
Through project monitoring we can evidence that 14557 individuals have engaged with our sport and physical activity programmes, therefore those individuals have become more active as a result of participating in these activities.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand