← Return to partner profile
H8. Young People in the Workplace
9 May, 2013
Submitted: 30 November, -0001
Please describe how you have provided information and support on health and wellbeing for young people in your organisation over the last year. This may include information on any induction arrangements for new staff/young people and any benefits that have accrued. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
The Trust is committed to offering a diverse range of access opportunities to those in/or leaving school/college. We do this in a variety of ways: work experience and work simulation programmes designed to offer school and college students an ‘experience’ of work; apprenticeship programmes which offer learning whilst earning and specifically designed programmes such as The Princes Trust, Traineeships and other government widening access initiatives.
All our programmes are designed to simulate or, as in the case of apprenticeships, provide a salaried job with an accompanying skills development programme. These allow the individual to understand/gain technical knowledge and real practical experience, along with functional and personal skills required for their immediate job, future career and personal health and well being development.
We have around 40 young apprentices in the workforce at any one time, with a 76% success rate of them gaining permanent employment within the trust.
We usually run two Prince’s Trust ‘Get into Hospitals’ programmes per year, with 10-15 candidates each time. These programmes include a range of training such as employability skills and health specific skills such as the Level 2 Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH) qualification and Making Every Contact Count (MECC) training, which raise the issues of lifestyle choices and how to share this information. The Prince’s Trust programme also includes a minimum of two weeks’ work experience in the hospital, with a success rate of 80% of candidates gaining employment within the trust or other employers, and the remaining 20% offered further support and mentoring opportunities.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand