BAM Nuttall Ltd
H2. Occupational Health Standards
2 December, 2013
Submitted: 21 January, 2014
The Health and Wellbeing of those who work for us, is firmly embedded into the vision and values of BAM Nuttall. We are committed to not just maintaining, but enhancing and improve their health and wellbeing. We are supported in raising the bar in occupational health standards by our occupational health services provider, IOM, who are registered with SEQOHS, and are actively working towards accreditation in the next 12 months.
IOM provide comprehensive occupational health and wellbeing services which include:
• Pre-employment screening
• Health Surveillance
• Referral appointments for inclusion in the workplace
• Health and Wellbeing appointments and advice sessions
• Advice and guidance on standards
• Testing, reporting and advice on specific activities
• Support of health awareness campaigns
• Provision of statistical data for monitoring continual improvement
All employees are provided with access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which includes the provision of counselling, advice lines and access to a health and wellbeing portal.
Employees returning to work following absences are interviewed and where appropriate periods of rehabilitation are agreed. Absence statistics are collated and reviewed by the HR department.