← Return to partner profile
H1. Chronic Conditions Guide and Carers
18 July, 2014
Submitted: 1 April, 2015
Please describe how you have supported staff with chronic conditions or those with unpaid caring responsibilities over the last year. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section
We have a robust SEQOHS Accredited Occupational health service who support staff with chronic condition by providing -
- Workplace health assessments,
- Immunisation Programmes including seasonal flu
- Absence management through Management referrals and self referral advice available via telephone
- Signpost staff to Employee Assistance Programme
- Advice and Recommendations on rehabilitation and reasonable adjustments under the disability provisions of the Equality Act
- Identification of health risks in relation to the workplace
- Rapid access to Physiotherapy
- OH notice boards across trust to promote advice and guidance
- 14 wellbeing champions trained and plans in action to give support and actively encourage the health and wellbeing message.
- Giving them support, training and actively encourage them to engage with staff to set up groups such as fitness, Gardening, music, Art clubs etc.
- To ensure a fair and consistent approach a range of employment policies have been devised. These docUments are formulated to facilitate improvements in the quality of our staff and their working lives. The policies include Dignity and respect at work, Flexible working procedures, working time regulations policy, job share policy and career break policy.
¬Staff Wellbeing Group to progress Staying healthy at Work. -
- Improve links with Equality & Diversity lead and encourage our staff to join groups and promote relevant policies
- Sign post staff to our new Staff wellbeing site
- MEC- make every contact count
- Quarterly Newsletter
Develop a plan of communication to alert staff of Health awareness days
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand