← Return to partner profile
H3. Health & Wellbeing Report
5 April, 2011
Submitted: 27 May, 2015
Please describe how you report on the health and wellbeing of your employees, including annual sickness rates
The DH Health and Wellbeing programme aims to:
• promote the range of HWB services available to staff, ensuring that staff are encouraged to use them to achieve a better work-life balance,
• ensure that as a good employer, we encourage and inspire safe and healthy living and working whilst making a difference to staff health and well-being. In 2014/15, we have in conjunction with our external partners continued to make considerable progress on delivering against Public Health responsibility Deal pledges, Time to Change organisational pledge and the NHS Leaders summit commitments via the following:
• Implementing ‘Time to Change’ 2013 health check assessment recommendations. These are aimed at tackling mental health stigma in the workplace. Over 1000 members of staff participated in 2014 health and well-being fairs, emotional resilience workshops and events (including internal annual ‘thank you’ events when staff are recognised as health and well-being champions) across the DH estate. A health and well-being week took place in April 2015; and an event for health and well-being champions planned for the summer
• Celebrating World Mental Health week with various vents organised across the DH estate, including a Mental Health First Aid training course over 2 days, a Symposium on Mindfulness, with speakers from DH, OGDs as well as the NHS. The week concluded with the World Mental Health Day on the 10 October 2014, with videoconference links across the estate. The audience made up of DH staff, OGD colleagues and our partners heard from speakers including our Ministers, and mental health charities about the need to reduce mental health stigma in the workplace, as well as highlighting the positive effects that employment has on the health and well-being of individuals.
• Various staff videos aimed at raising awareness among staff on the benefits of maintaining work/life balance through physical activities at work, and the need to reduce workplace mental health stigma.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand