← Return to partner profile
H10. Construction and Civil Engineering Industries
1 November, 2013
Submitted: 29 April, 2015
Please describe the programme you have in place to manage the cause of occupational disease and improve the health and wellbeing of your staff, by updating on progress in the following categories:
Please describe the programme you have in place:
1. There is a section on Health & Wellbeing in our annual report which is circulated to our key stakeholders & published on our website.
2. Our occupational health provider is SEQOHS accredited
3. Our Health strategy sets out our short and long-term plans for ill health prevention and the promotion of health & wellbeing. It includes
• A robust health risk management process which is applied to either eliminate or adequately control exposures to agents that lead to ill health both in the short and long term
• The requirement for all sites to appoint a Health Champion, who is responsible for ensuring that health & wellbeing is appropriately managed & promoted
• The offer of medicals to all including employees of our subcontractors. Whilst all safety critical workers are required to undertake mandatory medicals, the remaining members of our workforce are offered the opportunity to attend a confidential wellbeing medical.
• the delivery of company–wide themed campaigns. During 2014 we ran campaigns focussing on the management of Dust, Blood Pressure Testing and Cancer awareness. In addition campaigns which raised awareness of Musculoskeletal Disorders were delivered at our two principal offices.
4. In 2014, in order improve the management of health & wellbeing by our subcontractors, we consulted with representatives of some of our key trades and drew up an occupational health standard. This comprises a set of minimum standards which our Tier 1 contractors - and any companies that they subcontract work to on our sites - will be required to meet by 1st July 2015. Whilst some of our subcontractors already exceed some of the standards laid down in our document, this will ensure that all of our key business partners meet the standards we expect with regard to the health & wellbeing of their own workforce. Compliance will be monitored by site personnel and also our Supply Chain Managers at their regular business to business meetings with the companies concerned.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand