ALDI Stores Ltd

← Return to partner profile


F9. Salt Reduction 2017

Committed since:

27 June, 2014

Annual Update:

Submitted: 30 April, 2015

Burgers and grillsteaks ( Y / N / N/A ) (% products meeting the target)

3. Meeting the target means for categories with:

  • a maximum/processing average target - that all your products in this category meet this target
  • an average target - that this is met on a sales weighted basis
  • an average and a maximum target - that you meet both targets

However, businesses can say they have met the target(s) for an individual sub-category if 95% of products meet the targets and if efforts have been made to reduce salt in the remaining 5% of products to a minimum.

4. Please indicate below whether or not you have already met the salt target for each of the categories that fall within your product and/or menu range. Please use the following responses only in the text boxes next to each category:

  • Y - please use this if you have met the 2017 targets for that category (see definition above for what meeting the target means)
  • N - please use this if you have not met the 2017 target for that category but it is part of your product or menu range
  • N/A - please use this if the category is not part of your product or menu range

Please also indicate below the percentage of products in each category that have met the maximum or, where appropriate, the processing average targets. This should be expressed as a number only e.g. 46%, 83%, etc. in the second text box next to each category.

An optional commentary box has been provided for each main product category (e.g. meat products, cheese) where you may provide additional information.

1. Meat products

2. Bread

3. Breakfast Cereals

4. Cheese

5. Butter

6. Fat spreads

7. Baked Beans

8. Ready meals and meal centres

9. Soups

10. Pizzas

11. Crisps and savoury snacks

12. Cakes, pastries, fruit pies and other pastry-based desserts

13. Bought sandwiches

14. Table sauces

15. Cook-in and pasta sauces, thick sauces and pastes

16. Biscuits

17. Pasta

18. Rice

19. Other cereals

20. Processed puddings

21. Quiche

22. Scotch eggs

23. Canned fish

24. Canned vegetables

25. Meat alternatives

26. Other processed potatoes

27. Beverages

28. Stocks and gravies, as consumed

Comments are closed.