Confederation of British Industry
H7. Mental Health and Wellbeing
10 March, 2014
Submitted: 10 April, 2014
The CBI is committed to supporting those with mental health conditions within the workplace.
This is currently achieved by:
• Offering an employee assistance phone line which provides 24/7 telephone support for employees.
• Providing ongoing support from our Occupational Health provider for staff with mental health conditions including providing referrals for counselling where required.
• Using our annual employee opinion survey to monitor feelings about workload and work/life balance within the organisation to enable us to make adjustments where necessary to prevent work related stress.
• Providing managers with HR support for guidance on managing employees with mental health conditions and guidance on making reasonable adjustments.
• Having a stress policy available for all managers and employees which includes advice on how to minimise and manage stress and sets out the support available for employees.
Future plans in this area are to raise awareness of mental health issues by:
• Incorporating guidance on managing stress, anxiety and depression including making reasonable adjustments where appropriate, into our management induction.
• Including information about mental health issues and the support available in our company newsletter.