← Return to partner profile
H9. Domestic Violence
21 May, 2014
Submitted: 27 March, 2015
Please describe measures you have taken to ensure that an appropriate, safe and sensitive response can be implemented to support your staff in response to experience of stalking, violence or abuse in their lives, which has an effect on people in the workplace.
1) Force policy and procedures have been updated to include more detail as to where officers and staff can seek help and advice if they are affected by domestic abuse. This now includes relevant up to date guidance for staff who might be supporting others within the workplace as well as for staff members themselves..
2) A communication strategy has been developed to publicise Hampshire Constabulary’s support for the Pledge and the support available for staff affected by domestic abuse. This has ensured that all domestic abuse campaigns organised by the force this year have included additional information for staff affected by these issues, including avenues for referral and support. ‘Speak Out Today’ campaign activity has included victim, perpetrator and society responsibility messages to ensure all staff are aware it is a shared responsibility to look out for friends, family and work colleagues.
3) We have investigated different means of reducing barriers for employees to access help and support where they are affected by domestic abuse. These findings have been included in the workplace element of the domestic abuse policy and procedures.
4) We have endeavoured to embed domestic abuse workplace issues into supervisor and manager training. This work is ongoing.
In the coming year we intend to:
1) Continue to ensure that all domestic abuse awareness campaigns and communication include information for staff.
2) Continue to explore options around increasing the confidence of staff to report domestic abuse including potential link ups with other police forces.
3) Provide details and update guidance for staff when new domestic abuse law around coercive and controlling behaviour is implemented.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand