Ardmore Construction Ltd
H4. Healthier Staff Restaurants
12 January, 2015
Submitted: 2 March, 2015
At Ardmore, we are committed to inspiring healthier behavior among our staff.
We will continue to develop the work we are already doing to encourage healthier eating amongst our staff. We have already implemented some basic measures to encourage healthier staff food provision.
• We continue to provide good canteen facilities on our projects that aim to provide a nutritious diet suitable for manual workers on site, high energy but low in fat and salt
• Fruit Friday was introduced to all our eating facilities on all Ardmore sites to encourage a healthy balance. Free fruit available with meals.
• Menus are being amended to show calorie counts of each food dish
• Deep fat fryers are banned in favour of healthier oven chips in menus
• Drinking water freely available on site
• Healthy eating promotional posters in canteens and eating accommodation