Balfour Beatty Construction Services UK
H10. Construction and Civil Engineering Industries
22 October, 2013
Submitted: 7 November, 2013
Balfour Beatty Construction Services UK have an approved organisational strategy for occupational health and wellbeing that incorporates three key areas:
- Workplace focused interventions to deliver compliance and foremost to prevent occupational ill–health through overexposure to health hazards
- Worker oriented interventions to rehabilitate employees so that they can continue in employment; monitoring the health of our employees to highlight:
• Failure of controls (health surveillance);individual susceptibility (pre-placement screening, safety critical medicals, return to work);
• Treatment of harm caused (first aid, physiotherapy, talking therapies);
• Emergency response in the event of a significant incident in the workplace.
- Wellbeing initiatives to enhance the general health and wellbeing of our employees by providing opportunities to promote wellbeing through provision of a broad range of benefits
and health improvement campaigns.
The Strategy is to be fully implemented across Construction Services UK in early January 2014, through delivery of the policies, procedures and initiatives in place. It will be monitored and evaluated by the Executive Leadership Team. The Company will collate and analyse health metrics and take opportunities to achieve a greater understanding of both internal and external drivers and constraints on workforce health and wellbeing and best practice, to deliver further enhancements.
In order to maintain minimum standards and strive toward best practice within the industry, an annual external assurance and compliance audit will be undertaken using the Company Occupational Health Maturity Matrix model.