← Return to partner profile
H4. Healthier Staff Restaurants
1 January, 2013
Submitted: 29 April, 2015
Please decribe how you and your caterers have encouraged healthier restaurants/vending outlet/buffets (as applicable) for your staff over the last year. There is a 2000-character limit when completing this section.
The restaurant continues to provide the healthier options that were pledged in the 2014-2015 period.
Daily hot meals continue to be prepared in the restaurant kitchen, with the chefs preparing most of these dishes from scratch using fresh ingredients where possible and minimal amounts of salt. Jacket potatoes are one of our healthy options on offer each day, with a variety of healthy fillings. The restaurant caters for different dietary requirements; there are gluten free and vegan options, and there is always a hot and cold vegetarian option daily. Water is always accessible and bottled water is available to purchase.
Further improvements have been made:
• Multi-buy deals have been introduced to promote healthier options.
• The option of chips with certain meal deals have been stopped, and now incur an additional
charge if requested.
• The salad bar options have been reviewed and updated with a more balanced variety of
macronutrients. Dressings and accompaniments are low fat versions.
• Salt dispensers have been removed from the tables within the restaurant area, and have been
replaced with salt sachets.
• Fruit is now displayed closer to the till points.
We are currently working on:
• Increasing healthier options to staff through vending machines.
• Ways in which to deliver healthy options to staff working night shifts.
• Further research into nutritional analysis software.
• Healthier eating through education e.g. hints and tips, posters etc.
• New staff weight management programme and healthy eating information sessions.
• Looking at other food related pledges to support this one.
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand