Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
H7. Mental Health and Wellbeing
2 February, 2015
Submitted: 9 February, 2015
As a mental health trust, we are committed to removing stigma associated with mental illness and strive to promote an inclusive positive working environment for all staff.
Mental wellbeing for staff is a key priority in the Employee Health and Wellbeing Strategy. As part of our Change and Inspire Health and Wellbeing programme, we currently provide yoga sessions to staff run in-house which has been proven to reduce stress.
In addition, the trust will continue to provide the following to support the mental wellbeing of staff:
- Resilience courses for staff based on ACT principles
- Training for managers on Creating a Mentally Healthy Workplace
- Promote the Time to Change campaign including Time to Talk day
- Promote Mental Health Awareness Week in May as well as National Stress Awareness Day in November
- Promote support services available to staff via Occupational Health and our EAP programme