H4. Healthier Staff Restaurants
6 January, 2014
Submitted: 6 January, 2014
Ginsters recognises the benefits of, and actively promotes, healthy eating as part of our health and wellbeing agenda. We regularly communicate this with our staff though notices and flyers. In addition we provide dietary and nutritional guidance through our health advisors.
We provide an in-house run restaurant which at present has the following embedded:
1. A daily salad option
2. Jacket potatoes available
3. Water freely available and signposted next to the drinks machine
4. Salt is not used in the preparation of vegetables
5. Salt and sugar are not placed on restaurant tables
6. Half portions are available and advertised
7. At least one healthier option is always available as a main meal
8. Fruit is provided at cost price with no mark up
9. Low salt beans have replaced saltier versions
10. Healthier drinks options have replaced a substantial percentage of carbonated sugary drink sales
Future plans include greater attention to portion control, training of all restaurant staff to ensure greater knowledge of the importance of encouraging healthier eating, standardising of recipes across shifts to enable signposting of healthy and less healthy options. We will look to introduce new healthy options to encourage take up.