F6. Fruit and vegetables
25 October, 2013
Submitted: 4 December, 2013
ARAMARK will be launching a new health and wellbeing programme across its business from January 2014. In developing this programme we have taken the Responsibility Deal target areas as a key decision making factor.
The key actions we will be taking that support this pledge are:
• All sites to have fruit available daily (whole fruit/ fruit salads) and where appropriate vegetable crudités as a chilled choice.
• Menu identifiers and shelf barkers used to promote products that contain part of your 5 a day.
• Fruit to be displayed near other impulse buys in as many sites as possible where space allows.
• Fruit to be competitively priced and where possible, cheaper than confectionery.
• Improve display and range of fruit to make it more appealing to the customer.
• All appropriate healthy choices on our menus contain part of your 5 a day as a standard.
• Our 2014 wellbeing activity planner for the company will focus on a priority health and nutrition topic each month. Many of these topics will reference the importance of getting your 5 a day e.g. healthy eating guide, vitamins and minerals, heart health.
• Table top marketing at point of sale – educating and reminding customers on what 1 of their 5 a day is and how they can achieve it, particularly helping them to understand what a portion looks like.
• Work towards meal deals to include fruit as an alternative to confectionery.
• Work towards offering salad/ vegetable alternative as a side dish for all main courses (instead of chips etc).
• Look into increasing vegetable content within appropriate recipes.