← Return to partner profile
S1. Local engagement on the Responsibility Deal agenda
5 August, 2013
Submitted: 17 July, 2015
Please describe the progress you have made on engaging small and medium sized organisations in your area to improve employee and/or customer health and wellbeing.
Through April 2013 to March 2014 the Anglia and Essex Centre, Public Health England supported engagement on the Public Health Responsibility Deal and health at work pledges through:
- Representation on Business in the Community's Business Action on Public Health project, supporting activities to engage employers / businesses in the East of England to better understand the business case for investing in the health of their workforce.
- Support of Dame Carol Black's in her role as Department of Healthu's Expert Adviser on Health at Work and engagement with the NHS in the region, collaboration with NHS Employers to convene a Staff Engagement Roundtable and facilitate a NHS Workplace Health Champions Network.
- Working in collaboration with Acas to develop Health, Work and Wellbeing and Promoting Positive Mental Health in the Workplace training for upper tier Local Authorities and develop their health at work programmes.
- Leading a network of Local Authority Health at Work leads to develop and improve the offer to businesses locally through public health.
- Collaboration with the East of England Employment Relations Forum's Fit for Life / Fit for Business Summer Conference in June 2013.
- Working with Jobcentre Plus and their Work Programme providers to improve links between employment support and local health and mental health services.
- Bringing together the Anglia and Essex Centre's Staff Engagement Group to develop the Centre's approach to staff engagement and the wellbeing of its staff.
How many local organisations have committed to improving employee health and well-being?
How many local organisations have committed to supporting their customers to eat a healthier diet?
How many organisations have committed to supporting their customers to drink within guidelines?
In total, how many organisations have committed to taking actions to help their employees and/or their customers to improve their health and wellbeing? (Where organisations have made multiple commitments this will not be the sum of the three numbers above)
Comments are closed.
Find out how you can use the Change4Life brand