Jobcentre Plus is part of the Department for Work and Pensions. It provides services that support people of working age from welfare into work, and helps employers to fill their vacancies.
Jobcentre Plus is here to provide “work for those that can, support for those that cannot”. We are always changing to meet the needs of our customers. Although face to face advice is still important, many of our services are now delivered over the telephone through our Contact Centres and via our “Digital Agenda” where online claiming is actively encouraged.
Our Key objectives are to:
- Increase the effective supply of labour by promoting work as the best form of welfare and helping unemployed and economically inactive people move into employment.
- Work towards parity of outcomes for ethnic minority customers.
- Pay customers the correct benefit at the right time and protect the benefit system from fraud, error and abuse.
- Provide high quality and demand–led services to employers, which help fill job vacancies quickly and effectively with well-prepared and motivated employees.
- Help people facing the greatest barriers to employment to compete effectively in the labour market and move into and remain in work.
- Improve continuously the quality, accessibility and delivery of services to all customers.
- Ensure that people receiving working age benefits fulfil their responsibilities while providing appropriate help and support for those without work.
- Increase Jobcentre Plus overall productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
This partner has signed up to the following Local Partners pledge:
L1. Pledge for all Businesses on employee health and wellbeing
Pledge update, April 2014