These case studies show how local authorites or other organisations with local networks have taken action to improve the health and wellbeing of their staff and customers.
- Northamptonshire County Council – taken action to increase opportunities for staff to stop smoking and carry out NHS health checks.
- Plymouth Better Together – a partnership initiative between Plymouth Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Plymouth 2020 and Business in the Community. It encourages businesses to sign up to pledges linked to health at work and physical activity, and identifies local partners with the facilities to help companies deliver their pledges.
- Stoke on Trent City Council – environmental health officers and trading standards officer have helped local fish and chip shop owners to reduce salt and saturated fat levels in their products as part of a drive to help promote healthier eating.
- Sutton and Merton – Businesses and organisations across the London Boroughs of Sutton and Merton are making pledges which encourage healthier lifestyle choices, to help improve the health of their community, their customers and employees.
- Surrey County Council Trading Standards Service – The Eat Out Eat Well Award to reward caterers throughout Surrey who make it easier for their customers to make healthy choices when eating out.