iView and iViewPlus
Making data more easily accessible to a wider range of data users than ever before. Access and extract information to meet your own needs - make selections, view comparisons, create tables and generate graphs.
Becoming a user is quick and easy but there are some restrictions on who can access some of the data. If you don't already use the NHS Digital single sign-on system you'll have to register for an account.
iView is an online service that provides health and social care data to authorised users. Designed for professionals, users can query, visualise and share data.
The service is free and allows you to:
- access information - choose to view a variety of different data
- build reports - cross reference, benchmark and make comparisons
- generate charts - customised reports in tables and graphs
- export data - copy to Excel to manipulate data your way
- save reports - store your favourite reports, views and graphs for future presentations and meetings
iView is being replaced by iViewPlus
iView is in the process of being replaced by iViewPlus, an update to the tool that offers enhanced functionality. A wide range of health and social care datasets are scheduled to be introduced to the system in the future so that customers can take advantage of the enhanced functionality provided by iViewPlus.
The following data areas are available on the current iView and are awaiting migration to iViewPlus:
- Workforce monthly data
- Innovation Scorecard
- Children and Young People's Health Services (CYPHS)
- eMED3 (fit notes)
- National Adult Social Care Intelligence Service (NASCIS)
- Hospital Episode Statistics (HES)
- Estates and facilities
- Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) prescribing
- Workforce GP Quarterly
- Diagnostic imaging
- National Kidney Care Audit (NKCA) - patient transport
- Population, statistics and demography
Data areas currently available on iViewPlus:
- Mental health services
- Maternity services
iViewPlus is a free to use interactive data visualisation tool which is being developed by NHS Digital to allow users quick and easy access to health and social care data.