What information do we collect?
When you submit a comment to the Cutting Red Tape website, we will ask you to provide your name and e-mail address to us.
By entering your details (including your name and email address) in the fields requested, you agree to your data being
- stored by the Cutting Red Tape Team (which sits jointly within the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Cabinet Office)
- shared with the organisation running the review to which your comment relates, unless you specifically request that your data not be shared with anyone outside the CRT team
- shared with relevant regulators and sponsoring Departments for the review Unless you specifically request that your data not be shared with anyone outside the CRT team
How we use your information
You must be prepared for the comments you provide to be made public on the website, they will also be shared with any organisation running the review (see second bullet above) and may also be shared with the relevant Regulators and sponsoring Departments as part of this exercise.
E-mail addresses will not be published on the website.
However, please note that:
- All posts are subject to our moderation policy.
- If the Cutting Red Tape team would like to know more about your experience or idea, or to notify you when any proposals or announcements are made by the Government that relate to this exercise they may use your email address to contact you
- If the organisation leading the review to which your comment relates, or the relevant regulator would like to know more about your experience or idea, or to notify you when any proposals or announcements are made that relate to this exercise they may use your email address to contact you unless you have asked that your identity not be disclosed outside the CRT team.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on the site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour in relation to the Cutting Red Tape programme, we may use your e-mail address to stop such behaviour.
All personal information will be held on the systems owned by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and HM Government. Any information you provide through the Cutting Red Tape website will be viewable on this computer system by website facilitators and moderators. It will not be disclosed unless it meets the conditions listed in the paragraphs above, or we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
We can also accept written submissions to our e-mail inbox – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make clear that you do not want such a submission to be made public, the submission will not be published on the Cutting Red Tape website. Any submissions received through the inbox will be shared with the Cutting Red Tape team. Submissions’ text will also be shared with the organisation running the review and may also be shared with the relevant regulators and sponsoring Departments. In addition to sharing submissions’ text, we will also pass details of your identity and your contact details (as they appear in your email to us) to the organisation running the review and/or the relevant regulators and sponsoring Departments unless you explicitly ask us not to do so. Under these circumstances, we will share the content of your written submission but not your identity/contact details.
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any personal data we collect from you. Details on how we use personal data are provided under ‘What information do we collect’.