We welcome your feedback, but ask you to please bear in mind our guidelines when submitting comments.
We pre-moderate all comments submitted to this site. This means that comments will be checked by moderators before being published.
This is not about censoring your views – the aim is to ensure that comments are all relevant. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion.
In practice we will normally approve comments for publication as long as they:
- are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are not related
- respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or any other personal characteristic
- don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- are not party political in nature
- don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- don’t advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- are in English – unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
Where we choose not to publish a comment for a reason other than those listed above, we will reply to the commenter by email explaining our reason and inviting them to make appropriate changes so that the comment can be reconsidered.