We welcome lively discussion on this site, but ask you to please bear in mind our guidelines when submitting comments.
We pre-moderate all comments submitted to this site.
This means that comments will not be published instantly; they will first be checked by moderators. Moderators will be monitoring the site every day between 8am and 10pm, and aim to process comments as quickly as possible
This is not about censoring your views. The aim is to ensure the discussion is fair, inclusive, relevant and constructive. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion about the issues in the online document.
We will normally approve comments for publication as long as they:
● respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
● don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
● don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
● don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
● don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
● are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
● don’t advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
● don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
● don’t make reference to any cases that may be currently before the courts or a matter that is under criminal investigation
● are in English – unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
● are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are unrelated to this channel
● are not party political in nature. This site is about gathering feedback on policies, not party political point-scoring. This is a Government website and comments used for party political purposes cannot be published for propriety reasons.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
The role of the facilitator, whether they are a government official or the independent sector champion, is to encourage and stimulate discussion on this website. Participation in any particular line of argument or comment should not be taken to reflect their personal views, government policy or indicate support for any particular outcome.
We are no longer accepting comments on this page, please submit your comments on the relevant legislation pages.