Companies House


Starting a new company – paper forms

Companies can be incorporated directly with Companies House using a paper form.

For a private company limited by shares, limited by guarantee or a Public Limited Company; you will need to send the following 3 documents:

  • The Form IN01 Application to register a company
  • Memorandum of Association (with share capital
    or without share capital)

    This contains the names and signatures of the subscribers who are forming the company, and for companies limited by shares a commitment that each subscribers will take at least one share.
  • Articles of Association
    This contains details of running the company, internal management affairs and liability they are the company's internal rulebook. A company can choose to use the standard Model Articles and if they do so, do not need to file these with Companies House.

Useful guidance on completing your IN01 and how to avoid your application being rejected

Complete the above documents and return together with the relevant fee** to:

New Companies Section

Companies House Crown Way, Cardiff CF14 3UZ

Companies House 4 Abbey Orchard Street, Westminster, London SW1P 2HT

Companies House 4th Floor Edinburgh Quay 2, 139 Fountain bridge, Edinburgh EH3 9FF

Companies House Belfast 2nd Floor The Linenhall, 32-38 Linenhall Street, Belfast BT2 8BG

** Fees for paper incorporation:

  • Standard service fee is £40 - documents processed in 8 to 10 days
  • Same day service fee is £100 - documents must be received before 15.00hrs (envelope marked SAME DAY INCORPORATION)

Other useful links:

Back to top
Cookie Policy