Towards a profile of the researcher of today: what can we learn from JISC projects?
The overall aim of this study is to identify, gather and analyse evidence of researchers’ behaviours in digital environments from a selection of recent relevant JISC-funded projects in order to derive an evidence-based picture of the researcher of today.
The study will:
- Identify a number of JISC-funded projects which have gathered evidence of researchers’ behaviours in digital environments in a form which can be analysed
- Analyse the data for evidence of how researchers discover, select and share information as part of research ‘workflows’
- Compare this evidence against current understanding of researchers’ behaviours in the digital environment, including the outcomes from recent JISC, OCLC and RIN studies of information seekers’ behaviours
- Draw possible conclusions for designers of digital information services and research environments for researchers
- Identify any areas which would merit further research