Consultation on draft regulations and guidance for implementation of part 1 of the Care Act in 2015/16.
The Care Act will make a difference to some of the most vulnerable people in society for many years to come. The guidance and regulations associated with the Act set out how the Act will work in practice.
You can use this site to read and comment on the guidance and regulations for different parts of the Care Act. Your comments will be used to clarify and improve the guidance and regulations.
This site is open for comment until 15 August 2014.
Select an area of interest:
General duties and universal provision
- Preventing, reducing and delaying needs
- Information and advice
- Market shaping and commissioning
- Managing provider failure and other service interruptions
First contact and identifying needs
Charging and financial assessment
- Charging for care and support
- 12-week property disregard
- Other disregards
- Choice of accommodation and additional payments
- Pension reform
- Deferred payment agreements
Person-centred care and support planning
Integration and partnership working
- Integration, cooperation and partnerships
- The boundary with the NHS
- Delayed transfers of care
- Working with housing authorities and providers
- Working with employment and welfare services
- Transition to adult care and support
- Prisons, approved premises and bail accommodation
- Delegation of local authority functions
Moving between areas: inter local authority and cross-border issues