You can now read the replay of our webchat with Professor David Haslam and Jeremy Taylor, the NHS Future Forum leads on the use of information to improve health and care.
David is National Clinical Adviser to the Care Quality Commission, an expert member of the National Quality Board and chair of their Quality Information Committee. Jeremy is chief executive of National Voices, the national coalition of health and social care charities.
The Future Forum has been asking for views on several aspects of information, including:
- How can information be improved for users of service and professionals?
- How can we ensure information is available that enables people to take more control of their own care and enable shared decision-making?
- How can we ensure that information supports improved care and better integration of services while protecting patient confidentiality?
- How can we open up access to information and support people to use it?
- How would you like to see data used to improve the quality of NHS services?
- What are the benefits of giving patients access to their health care records in primary care?
- How can cultural and behavioural change be fostered to stimulate collection and use of data among all professionals?