Informal views are being sought to help develop proposals for the technical regulations that will apply to health and wellbeing boards from April 2013.
The intention with the regulations is to give as much flexibility to local areas as possible and to build on how shadow boards are already running. Stakeholder input will be vital for this, so that in practice, the regulations are robust yet give enough freedom to local areas to be able to shape their board in a way that fits best with their circumstances.
In particular, feedback would be particularly welcome from:
- senior leaders across local government
- officers supporting establishment of shadow boards
- CCG, NHS and patient representatives
- shadow health and wellbeing board members
Responses will be used to inform proposals and form the basis for recommendations to Ministers later in the summer.
Deadline for feedback is Friday 29 June.
How to feed back
- General and specific questions are set out in the template attached
- If you have any questions or would like to confirm your plans to feed back, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A dedicated forum is available on the Knowledge Hub (registration is required). If you are already a registered member, access the related forum post
For the feedback template: HWB regulations feedback template – DH
For more information: Health and wellbeing boards – 2nd legislation