How can we take advantage of the health and social care modernisation programme to ensure services are better integrated around people’s needs?
We are interested in your views in this area, including:
- What does good look like?
- Where should services be better integrated around patients, service users and carers – both within the NHS, and between the NHS and local government services? We are particularly thinking of social care – for example, better management of long term conditions, better care of older people, more effective handover of a person’s care from one part of the system to another, etc.
- How can integrated services achieve better health, better care and better value for money?
- What, if any, barriers to integration should be removed, and how can we incentivise better integration of services at all levels?
- Who needs to do what next to enable integration to be progressed in a pragmatic and achievable way?
- How can innovation in integrated care be identified and nurtured?
The NHS Future Forum’s work on integrated services is led by Geoff Alltimes and Dr Robert Varnam.