The Department of Health is running a competition to find indicators for some of the health outcomes in the NHS Outcomes Framework. We are asking frontline staff, clinical teams and third sector partnerships to submit their experience and evidence in the areas of:
- improving recovery from stroke
- improving children’s and young people’s experience of healthcare.
These areas received strong support during the Framework consultation and we need to develop meaningful indicators to measure them.
We are also asking for suggestion of good indicators to measure four other areas that may become outcomes in future versions of the NHS Outcomes Framework.
- improving outcomes for people with learning disabilities, and particularly reducing premature death
- improving the functional ability of children with long term conditions
- enhancing the quality of life for children and young people with mental health illness
- enhancing the quality of life for people with dementia.
The competition closes on 1 June 2011.