The Health and Social Care Bill has been published, along with the estimated costs and savings related to the changes that the Bill will implement.
The Bill is a crucial part of the Government’s vision to modernise the NHS so that it is built around patients, led by health professionals and focused on delivering world-class healthcare outcomes.
The Bill contains provisions covering five themes:
- strengthening commissioning of NHS services
- increasing democratic accountability and public voice
- liberating provision of NHS services
- strengthening public health services
- reforming health and care arm’s-length bodies.