Building on the earlier work of the Future Forum on education and training and the Department’s recent consultation, the Forum has now been asked to help to work through the detail, including how the changes are implemented.
How can we make sure that we have the right incentives and accountabilities for developing the healthcare workforce to enable the delivery of world class, patient-centred healthcare?
We are interested in your views in this area, including:
- How can we ensure that education and training in the new system is flexible and fit-for-purpose for the new way that care is delivered and enables training beyond the job, for example stimulating a culture of continuing professional development or academic and research development?
- How can we ensure the right balance of responsibilities and accountability and line of sight throughout the new system (for example, Health Education England and the provider-led networks, employers / professions / education sector, whole workforce) including for research training?
- How do we best ensure an effective partnership with health, education and research at a local level?
- How can we ensure appropriate and effective patient and public engagement in the new system?
- How can we improve information on the quality of education and training?
- How can we improve information on the quality of education and training and what should be the roles and accountabilities of the key players in this?
The NHS Future Forum’s work on education and training is led by Julie Moore.