Have a Green Deal assessment undertaken
Agree to a quote or Green Deal plan with a Green Deal Provider
Apply for Green Deal Cashback Voucher
Have work undertaken before voucher expiry
Receive Cashback payment within 30 days of the work being completed*
Green Deal Cashback is a limited offer while funds last. Government has guaranteed that £40m will be available at the rates listed on this site. After this, Cashback amounts may reduce.
Householders will need to apply for a voucher which will be redeemed once Cashback work is completed. To qualify for the Cashback householders must:
- Have a Green Deal assessment carried out on the property
- Get and agree quotes from a Green Deal Provider (this could be directly with a national brand or through a local tradesperson linked with a Provider)
- Apply for Cashback voucher online or by phone. To make things easier some Providers will be able to apply on behalf of their customers
- Receive a voucher confirming the Cashback amount
- Complete works within a specified period
Providers will redeem the voucher on your behalf and you'll receive Cashback payment within 30 days.
Remember that Cashback payments are only available for work recommended on your Green Deal Assessment.
Householders can fund improvements through a Green Deal Plan, or however they wish, and get the
Cashback but they must use a Green Deal Provider to arrange the work. The more improvements a
householder makes, the bigger the Cashback.
Householders can only make one claim for the Cashback, but it may cover a package of improvements recommended by the Green Deal assessment. The Government Cashback is separate and additional to any similar offers that may be made by Green Deal Providers.
Householders can also choose to donate some or all of their Cashback to a charity or community interest company who has signed up with the Cashback Administrator.
Want to know more? Check out the FAQs
* Subject to compliance with Cashback Scheme Terms and Conditions