Welcome to the March 2013 edition of the Transforming Public Health Bulletin.
This is the last issue of the Transforming Public Health (TPH) bulletin. From 1 April 2013, when Public Health England (PHE) takes up its full responsibilities as a new body to protect and improve the nation’s health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities, PHE will issue its own external bulletin. If you already receive the TPH bulletin directly from the Department of Health, PHE will be sending you our new stakeholder bulletin in the near future.
In this final DH authored issue we provide an update on Public Health England, including the latest PHE appointments, news on a global burdens of disease study and the CMO’s latest warning on infectious diseases.
Click on the links to view:
Click news for:
- Global burdens of disease study
- Call to action to tackle avoidable early deaths
- Cardiovascular disease outcomes strategy
- CMO warning on infectious disease
Click people news for:
- Concordat Steering Group update
Click events for:
- LGA annual conference
- Regional ‘going live’ events
- Mental health in the new public health system
Click other news for:
- New public health regulations
- Local Authorities – Health and wellbeing boards and health scrutiny regulations
- CMO interview
- Public health services contract
- Survey on public’s understanding of their own health
Gateway reference number: 18865
Unless otherwise stated, guidance referred to in the bulletin has not been commissioned or endorsed by the Department of Health – it is evidence that organisations and professionals may find helpful in improving practice. The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence is the Department’s provider of accredited evidence and guidance, which can be found on the Institute’s website at www.nice.org