Welcome to the April edition of the GP and Practice Team Bulletin.
In this edition you will find useful information on the authorisation of emerging clinical commissioning groups and registering primary medical services with the Care Quality Commission, and an important reminder from the Nursing and Midwifery Council to check nurse registration.
You will also find the usual mix of news, resources and campaigns for the GP and Practice Team community.
Click on the links below to read a story:
- Registration of primary medical services with the CQC
- Reminder for GPs to check nurse registration with the NMC
- Prime Minister’s Challenge on Dementia
- Direct Access to Diagnostic Tests for Cancer
- New support for GPs in the fight against fractures
- Better care for patients with learning disabilities
- Government ban on legal high ‘mexxy’
- Let’s Get Moving campaign
- Tobacco display legislation
- Campaign against dangers of secondhand smoke in the home and car
Gateway reference number: 17588
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, guidance referred to in the bulletin has not been commissioned or endorsed by the Department of Health – it is evidence that organisations and professionals may find helpful in improving practice. The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence is the Department’s provider of accredited evidence and guidance. This information can be found on the Institute’s website at www.nice.org.uk