These statistics show the volume of units of dental activity (UDAs) commissioned by Primary Care Trusts as at the end of each quarter, for the proceeding 12 months.
The figures are broken down into two groups:
- UDAs commissioned where the dental service is being provided;
- UDAs commissioned in contracts not yet delivering services (for example, where a new contract has been signed but the dental activity has not yet started).
This data shows the number of Units of Dental Activity (UDAs) commissioned as at 30 September 2012.
Key findings this quarter:
- All 151 Commissioners (PCTs and Care Trusts) returned data.
- 89.3 million UDAs have been commissioned as at 30 Septmeber 2012.
- This is 108,000 higher (0.12% increase) than the UDAs commissioned compared to the previous year, and 234,000 higher (0.26% increase) compared to the previous quarter.
- UDAs commissioned but not yet delivering services represents 0.2% (166,000) of all UDAs commissioned this quarter. This is the smallest count and percentage since the collection started in June 2007.
Please note when opening this dental commissioning data PCT CSV file with Excel, or when importing this CSV file into another application, the cell value for organisational code “5E1″ (Stockton on Tees PCT) may be interpreted as a numeric rather than alphanumeric value and transformed into the following result “5.00e+1″ or “50″. You will need to check and amend this value if you intend using the PCT organisational code in any analysis.