- Apps: Don't visit your GP, use your mobile phone for a check-up instead... | Mail Online
- BBC News - GPs 'to prescribe health apps'
- Full of health and appyness
- Doctors told to prescribe smartphone apps to patients - Telegraph
- DH highlights health apps
- GPs are to "prescribe" smartphone apps to patients to help them manage their own health.
- NHS invites software developers to create healthcare apps - 8/22/2011 - Computer Weekly
- NHS to crowdsource the next wave of healthcare apps (Wired UK)
You have written about, voted for, and commented on almost 500 different ideas and existing health apps. There is now lots of information about health apps and maps here on the website, and although we cannot accept any more new … – Maps and Apps – what’s next?
Published: 13 October, 2011
Jenny Ritchie-Campbell, director of cancer services innovation at MacMillan Cancer Support, talks about her role as a Maps and apps judge. She relates the project to her vision for people living with cancer – that they will be able to … – Jenny Ritchie-Campbell on her role as Maps and apps judge
Published: 21 September, 2011
We are delighted to announce that Martha Lane-Fox has agreed to join the panel of judges for Maps and Apps. Martha co-founded Lastminute.com and is now the UK’s Digital Champion, attempting to get the 9m people who have never used … – Martha Lane-Fox joins the panel of judges
Published: 2 September, 2011
Simple and useful apps on my iPhone make my life easier every day. Over the next few weeks I will talk about a few of them, but for now, I’d like to explain the thinking behind this work. The small team … – Why are we doing this?
Published: 22 August, 2011
A panel of judges will review the most popular apps, maps and ideas that are submitted on this site, and announce their favourites at the end of September. The judges have been chosen based on their knowledge of health and … – Independent judges will choose favourite apps and ideas
Published: 21 August, 2011