The department has published the latest monthly information on its workforce in order to confirm how many people are employed within the organisation during October 2012. This also includes the pay bill for this month
The monthly figures are organisations’ own management information published in the interests of transparency.
It should be borne in mind that unlike the ONS National Statistics, there is no detailed quality assurance undertaken of the monthly information by the Cabinet Office. The department, however, undertakes its own internal quality assurance to ensure that the figures reported are as accurate as possible.
Please note the following when interpreting the monthly information:
- these figures are not Official Statistics. They are internal workforce management information published in the interests of transparency
- these figures have not been reconciled centrally with any National Statistics. Where differences appear between the monthly information and National Statistics, clarifying comments are provided
- the ONS quarterly public sector employment survey continues to provide an official headline measure for comparing the overall size of employment in central government organisations with other sectors of the economy at the relevant quarterly reference point
- given the wide range of organisations covered, caution should be exercised when drawing inferences from the figures and care should be taken when making comparisons between organisations. Users of this management information should refer to any additional commentary and notes where these are provided.
Download the latest workforce data:
- September 2012 (xls)
- September 2012 (csv)
- June to August 2012 (xls)
- August 2012 (csv)
- July 2012 (csv)
- June 2012 (csv)
- May 2012 (xls)
- May 2012 (csv)
- April 2012 (xls)
- April 2012 (csv)
- January to March 2012 (xls)
- March 2012 (csv)
- February 2012 (csv)
- January 2012 (csv)