- Apps: Don't visit your GP, use your mobile phone for a check-up instead... | Mail Online
- BBC News - GPs 'to prescribe health apps'
- Full of health and appyness
- Doctors told to prescribe smartphone apps to patients - Telegraph
- DH highlights health apps
- GPs are to "prescribe" smartphone apps to patients to help them manage their own health.
- NHS invites software developers to create healthcare apps - 8/22/2011 - Computer Weekly
- NHS to crowdsource the next wave of healthcare apps (Wired UK)
The NHS Commissioning Board is building a directory of online tools, often called apps, to help people improve their health and wellbeing. People and organisations who are working with online tools for specific conditions or health areas are invited to … – Submit your online tools to feature in a new ‘apps’ directory
Published: 12 December, 2012
The Maps and apps Showcasing Event, which took place on 22 February 2012, saw teams that had designed apps come together to meet the judges, and the Secretary of State, to discuss their work. Emily Skeet, of Staffordshire County Council, … – Maps and Apps Video Interviews
Published: 16 March, 2012
In this video from the Maps and Apps showcase event, Andrew Lansley talks about some of the apps he saw, and the opportunities for new maps and apps for health and care. Summary Andrew Lansley talks about: the background to … – Video: Andrew Lansley speaks at the Maps and Apps showcase event
Published: 2 March, 2012
When we launched our Maps and Apps crowd-sourcing exercise, I’m not sure we fully appreciated quite what we were starting. We had a neat internally-rhyming name for it, some excellent people involved, and we knew that we could find examples of apps … – Maps and apps for health and care – what next?
Published: 1 March, 2012