Part 2 Report
The Part 2 Report is focussed on creating a more skilled and effective workforce fit to face the challenges of the next 30 years. It builds on the principles and short-term improvements recommended in Part 1.
It makes recommendations that, if implemented, will:
- encourage the brightest and best to join the police service
- give chief constables the modern management tools they require to manage their workforces flexibly and efficiently
- create a new pay structure that rewards officers and staff who do the hardest jobs and use specialist skills
- replace the Police Negotiating Board with an independent pay review body to ensure swift, fair, and evidence-based pay recommendations in the future
Factsheets have been created to provide a summary of the principal recommendations of the Part 2 Report. They have been tailored for officers in the Federated, superintending, and chief officer ranks, and for police staff.
Online calculators are available to help you understand how your pay could be affected by the Part 2 recommendations, if implemented.
Part 2 consultation
The Part 2 consultation gathered evidence to inform the report, and used many of the many of the successful methods used to inform the part one report, including:
- Part 2 consultation - the consultation closed 12 September 2011. As part of Tom Winsor’s commitment to conducting the review in an open and transparent way, all of the responses to the consultation are available to view
- An extensive round of meetings with policing and other interested parties
- A series of on-the-record seminars - which are available on the publications page
Part 1 report
Read the Part 1 report and related information.