If you are a member of the public please call 020 7210 4850.
The Media Centre is open Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm for all media enquiries or breaking news stories, planned announcements and media interview requests. Please call the desk or press officer most relevant to your query.
To speak to a press officer outside of these hours please call 07050 073 581.
- Chief Press Officer, Juliette Marshall – 020 7210 5738
Lord Howe’s Team
Reform, including: NHS Commissioning Board, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Any Qualified Provider & choice; Primary Care, including dentistry; Urgent Care; NHS performance; Winter planning; Economic regulation and provider policy; FT pipeline and relationship with NHS Trust Development Authority; Medicines, Pharmacy & Industry, including Regulation (MHRA), NICE; Research & Development, Health Research Authority; Innovation; Academic Health Sciences Centres; Departmental management; Transition; Finance overall.
- Senior Press Officer, Shareena Merzi – 020 7210 5477
- Press Officer, Dominic Benson – 020 7210 5962
- Press Officer, Lisa Ettridge – 020 7210 5197
Dr Daniel Poulter’s Team
Nursing; Patient experience; Maternity Services; Nursing & Midwifery; Health Visiting; School nursing; Children’s health and public health; Allied Health Professions: physiotherapy, occupational health & others; NHS workforce, including pay & pensions; Professional Regulation; Health Education & Training, relationship with Health Education England; NHS Estates & facilities; NHS IT & information strategy; Relationship with NHS Information Centre; Procurement, NHS Business Services Authority; NHS Security Management; Veterans’ Health; Patient safety, HCAIs, Mid Staffs; NHS Litigation Authority.
- Senior Press Officer, Emma Smyth – 020 7210 5282
- Press Officer, Alasdair Gee – 020 7210 5703
- Press Officer, Charlotte Newton – 020 7210 4939
- Press Officer, Simon Oliver – 020 7210 5947
NHS Modernisation Team
Lead on NHS modernisation, including the Health and Social Care Act.
- Chief Press Officer, Cariad Hazard – 020 7210 5081
- Press Officer, Alex MacDonald – 020 7210 5484
Public Health and Social Care Team
- Chief Press Officer, Toby Nation – 020 7210 5010
- Media Officer, Basheer Khan – 020 7210 5222
Anna Soubry and the Chief Medical Officer’s Team
Preventing avoidable mortality, saving lives (cancer, heart & circulatory diseases, diabetes, obesity); Relationship with Public Health England, public health system & finance; Health protection, including emergency preparedness; Vaccination, including influenza; NHS Healthcheck; Health Improvement, including tobacco, alcohol, diet, obesity, physical activity, drugs, addiction to medicines; Responsibility deal; Food Standards Agency; Blood & Transplants, NHS Blood & Transplant; Ethics; Fertility & Embryology, Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority; Sexual Health; Genetics & Biotechnology, Human Tissue Authority; Complementary & Alternative Medicine; Fluoridation; Homelessness; International, Devolved Adminstrations & EU; Foreign nationals; Legislation; Reducing red tape.
- Senior Press Officer, Peter Bramwell – 020 210 5281
- Press Officer, Chris Dawson – 020 7210 5239
- Press Officer, Chelsea Austin - 020 7210 4990
- Press Officer, Tova Turkel – 020 7210 5301
Norman Lamb’s Team
Older people, including dementia; Long-term conditions; Local Government, Health & wellbeing boards; Adult social care: funding reform, legislation, finance, workforce, regulation; Quality regulation, including relationship with CQC; Healthwatch; NHS Constitution; Integration; Personal health budgets, personalisation; Reablement, Continuing Care; End of Life Care; Safeguarding; Mental Health, including Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services; Physical and Learning Disabilities, Autism; Third Sector / Big Society / Volunteers; Carers; Prison Health Services.
- Senior Press Officer, Alison Langley – 020 7210 5375
- Press Officer, Thomas Skinner – 020 7210 5317
- Press Officer, Mina Vadgama – 020 7210 5435
Planning, Consumer and Regional Team
Covering stories of all aspects of health policy focussed on the consumer and regional media. Also covers strategic planning including scheduling Department of Health announcements.
- Chief Press Officer, Rachel Carr – 020 7210 5504
- Chief Press Officer, Sophie Coppel – 020 7210 5658 (Mon-Weds)
- Senior Planning Officer, Emily Brown – 020 7210 5290
- Senior Press Officer, Carolyn Armstrong – 020 7210 5472
- Press Officer, Tanya Holden – 020 7210 5724
- Media Officer, Mike de la Harpe – 020 7210 5436
- Media Officer, Paul Woodham – 020 7210 5257
- Chief Press Officer, Kirsty Gelsthorpe – 020 7210 5707
The Chief Press Officer for breaking news works with the Head and Deputy Heads of News to co-ordinate and manage the Department’s response to breaking news stories and issues, in both traditional and social media.
Head of News
- Tim Jones – 020 7210 5329
Deputy Heads of News
- Elisabeth Vanderstock – 020 7210 5230
- Kate Thomas – 020 7210 5896
For Freedom of Information requests please use our FOI contact form.