The Digital Inclusion Innovation Contest is being run by IC tomorrow in partnership with the RNIB, Scope, and the University of York. The contest is offering three businesses up to £48,000* each in funding to develop innovative commercial prototypes meeting challenges set with our partners. These prototypes should ideally have the potential to work across a wider commercial market. Successful applicants will be expected to trial their proposed solutions with the support of the respective challenge partner for a minimum of three months.
This IC tomorrow contest will focus on connecting organisations with talented digital and technology companies. This will be an opportunity to gain valuable exposure for your business by meeting and pitching to potential partners.
This opportunity is open to any UK-based company or developer; it is not necessary to have an existing app or service to apply or to be active in the inclusion sector either. We are looking for good ideas, which fit one of the three really open challenges set by RNIB, Scope and University of York.
IC tomorrow will be awarding successful businesses:
- one award of up to £48,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the ‘sensory assistance’ challenge area
- one award of up to £48,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the ‘inclusive media’ challenge area
- one award of up to £48,000* for the development of a prototype service or application in the ‘accessible Internet of Things’ challenge area.
Applicants to the contest will also benefit from the opportunity to:
- gain from exposure to a range of leading sector partners
- test their proposed application or service with leading sector partners
- promote their prototype solution via the IC tomorrow programme
- retain their intellectual property
- register a trial on the IC tomorrow digital test bed.
Register and apply at:
Deadline for submissions:
Noon, Tuesday 8 January 2013.
*Individual awards will be a maximum of £40,000 each excluding VAT.