Home Office science group is part of the Home Office that brings together the department’s scientists, researchers and analysts.
We work to:
- ensure a sound evidence base informs policy development
- enable the front line to deliver
- regulate as required
- ensure both the threats and opportunities of emerging developments are understood
Who we are
We include specialists from across the whole range of scientific disciplines:
- physical scientists and engineers
- social and operational researchers
- veterinary, medical and biological scientists
We are led by the chief scientific adviser, Professor Bernard Silverman. He is supported by the director of science, engineering and technology.