Many partners will be involved either implementing the policy of police and crime commissioners or working with them. Information for partners is available in this section.We have also added a new section where partners can view, download and use communications resources to raise awareness of the elections.
Latest news and updates
PCC update bulletin
Fourteenth edition of the bulletin includes PCCs taking up office.
Published 27 November 2012
Information for partners
This section of the site provides the many different partners with the latest information. Find out more:
New ways of working
The introduction of PCCs will represent a new way of working in partnership, whether you work in policing, criminal justice, community safety or are looking to work with the new PCCs on crime reduction.
- Secondary legislation relating to PCCs
- Guidance note on the application of local government legislation to PCPs
- Police and crime panel secondary legislation table
- Police and crime commissioners and community safety partnerships
- Nominating and appointing to the police and crime panel
- Police and crime panel scrutiny of the precept
- Guidance on the process for handling complaints and conduct matters about a PCC and their deputy
- Police and crime panel scrutiny of chief constable appointments
- Communications resources
- What partners need to know
- Communications handbook for partners
- PCC timeline
- PCC event presentations and questions
- Policing protocol
- Strategic policing requirement
- National communication framework
- PCC newsletter
(Links will open in a new window)
- Association of Police and Crime Commissioners
- Association of Police Authorities
- Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary
- Independent Police Complaints Commission
- Electoral Commission
- Local Government Association
- Safer Future Communities
We are not responsible for the content of external websites.
Email us with your enquiries about PCCs.