We are one of the few Whitehall departments to have in-house historians. These historians assist both the public and our staff. Their roles include:
- publishing the official record of post-war British foreign policy
- enhancing understanding of British foreign policy by publishing FCO historical papers and documents from the archives
- providing briefing support on historical issues for Ministers, senior officials and embassies
- organising occasional lectures and seminars
- managing the FCO’s internal history programme.
A witness seminar held at Windsor Park in September, 2009
Launch of 'The Nordic Countries: From War to Cold War, 1944-1951'